In this era of fierce competition, where businesses are scrambling to gain an advantage over their rivals, employee engagement and productivity are crucial.
When it comes to determining an organization’s future success, fully invested employees are more likely to produce great results. However, the question is how they ensure employees an engaging environment which translates into improved productivity.
From encouraging healthy working practices to developing an engaging and positive culture, the responsibility lies on Human resources (HR) to create an atmosphere that fosters productivity. Dedicated and productive employees are evident indicators of a proficient HR department. According to a McKinsey analysis, organizations that foster a great employee experience are 1.3 times more likely to achieve organizational success.
However, maximizing productivity in the workplace requires strategies weaved out of employees’ understanding of motivation. By promoting collaboration, encouraging a healthy atmosphere, supporting professional development, and allowing space for personal upskilling, HR can help people achieve higher levels of performance that will drive organizational success.
Boosting employee productivity: Crucial role played by HR
– Provide opportunities for advancement: Stagnation is the enemy of productivity. A lack of options for development might cause employees to feel stuck and increase attrition. Here HR plays an important role by providing employees with more opportunities for growth and development, allowing them to focus on both personal and professional improvement. When employees feel valued, cared for, and given adequate learning opportunities to broaden their skill set, it will substantially impact their productivity and support an organization’s retention efforts simultaneously.
– Encourage employee appreciation: According to a Forbes report, employees who do not feel appreciated are twice as likely to look for another job. This study emphasizes the significance of worker recognition in achieving higher levels of employee retention in an organization. Recognizing and acknowledging employees on a regular basis will go a long way towards maintaining high levels of staff productivity. Thus, by honouring and rewarding their contributions, HR can significantly enhance employee enthusiasm and
– Foster creative thinking: Although establishing objectives, standards, and expectations for staff members is crucial, it is also essential to leave opportunities for innovation and creativity. The financial success of an organization and its proclivity for creativity, according to McKinsey, are directly related. In other words, innovation generates value, and creativity eventually leads to innovation. Consequently, it is critical for HR to provide staff members space to brainstorm ideas, curate innovative suggestions, and develop unique approaches and strategies, making them feel valued in the workplace. Additionally, offering employees the right training and development will increase their creative abilities, allowing them to be more productive and increasingly contribute
towards business success.
– Support flexible working conditions: The post-pandemic era has made flexible working arrangements a top priority for most employees. Allowing individuals to work during the hours their productivity is at peak, flexible working not only boosts their performance but also positively impacts their productivity. According to a Gartner survey, 43% of respondents claimed that having flexible work schedules helped them become
more productive, while 30% of respondents said that spending less or no time travelling allowed them to be more efficient at their jobs. When employees have greater control over their time, they feel more liberated to finish work projects and yet take care of their own personal obligations, achieving the ideal work-life balance. Consequently, supporting flexible working conditions aids HR retain key employees and boosting engagement levels.
– Productive employees: Tracing a surefire path to organizational success: There is no denying the fact that effective employees are the cornerstone of any flourishing business. Therefore, it is crucial for companies to provide employees a supportive environment where they can thrive while contributing to the success of the organization.
Summary – the Importance of HR
Disengaged workers result in a 15% decrease in a company’s profitability according to a study by Forbes. This data emphasizes the vital function that human resources play in fostering an environment that encourages productivity. By organizing training and development programs, promoting employee recognition, encouraging creativity and innovation and supporting flexible arrangements, HR can retain valuable employees and boost their productivity, leading to organizational growth.